Friday, March 12, 2010

Photos and a quick update


Pictures:

1) the gifts we bought for the Project Grow Village that our school supports
2) the women at the village dancing and showing their gratitude (note their Project Grow t-shirts!)
3) a child at the village
4) how I've spent much of my time here at the resort
5) the streets in Tamale
6) the view from our porch here in Cape Coast

It almost feels wrong to put these picture side by side, but I can't get internet often enough so that's how it goes!


Life continues to be fabulous here in Cape Coast at the Coconut Grove Resort. Yesterday we went on a one hour fishing boat tour through the harbour and into the Atlantic Ocean. Such good times! The boats are surprisingly solid - they told us they wouldn't tip, but I wasn't convinced, but sure enough, the boat pulled through just fine. It was basically a big solid canoe with a motor on it. We brought our iPod and speakers and the Ghanaian men on the boat loved it!

Yesterday night we had a nice dinner here at the resort. We got all dressed up and enjoyed a nice meal. Today we spent the day at the beach and pool and my skin is suffering some pretty intense sun damage...blisters aren't fun. The African sun is HOT. Shawna and I just enjoyed an hour of horseback riding along the beach at sunset here! It was so nice, except that I was not-so-kindly reminded that I'm allergic to horses!

Tomorrow we are taking the bus to Accra where we will spend the next day and a half until we fly out on Monday night at 1145 Ghana time. We will have a 10 hour layover in London where we plan to quickly see some sights before we get back on the plane, head to Calgary, and arrive in Kelowna at about 9pm on Tuesday.

Thanks to everyone for all your thoughts and prayers and for following me along this journey. I hope to post something a little more reflective within the next little while - likely won't happen until I get to Canada though.

Take care all.

1 comment: